- To install Atom, head to atom.io, download and install the appropriate binary for your platform. Ubuntu users can install from the ‘webupd8team/atom’ ppa to get regular updates.
- Mere installing of the provider plugin is not enough though. I need to configure it for every project for which I want the autocomplete feature. To configure, first I added a project folder in Atom via File > Add Project Folder… After which, I clciked on Packages > Atom Ternjs > Configure project. Then I had a tab opened with full of configuations where I had to choose the below options:
- ecmaVersion: The default is ecmaVersion6 and I let it be.
- libs: If you need autocomplete suggestion from browser or jquery lib, check the appropriate checkboxes.
- Click on Save & Restart Server at the bottom of the tab.
The step number 3 and 4 are needed to be executed for every new project.